What is Simply Seaweed?
Simply Seaweed is dried and crushed Ascophyllum nodosum (a particular species of seaweed).
Why give it to your pet? Ascophyllum nodosum, a species of kelp, helps to keep your pet’s teeth clean and reduce bad breath in a natural way. Additionally, kelp is a superfood for dogs and cats due to its abundance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants.
How does it work? After being consumed by your pet, Ascophyllum nodosum works in several ways to improve mouth health, due to its natural anti-adhesive, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Bacteria is prevented from sticking to the tooth enamel, tartar build-up is reduced and existing plaque is loosened. Visit the Simply Seaweed website for more information.
Directions: To give Simply Seaweed to your pet, simply sprinkle onto or mix in with their food. If you cook your pet’s food, add Simply Seaweed in afterwards, immediately before serving.
DO NOT GIVE TO ANIMALS WITH THYROID PROBLEMS UNLESS UNDER VETERINARY SUPERVISION
Dosage Guide – For Dental Hygiene
- Cats and Small Dogs (up to 10kg) – 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon daily (1 to 2 pinches daily)
- Medium Dogs (10kg to 25kg) – 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs (25kg to 50kg) – ¼ to ½ teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs (50kg+) – ½ to 1 teaspoon daily
Dosage Guide – For Nutritional Supplementation
- Cats – 1/8 teaspoon daily
- Small Dogs – ¼ teaspoon daily
- Medium Dogs – ½ teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs – 1 teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs – 2 teaspoons daily
To give Simply Seaweed to your pet, simply sprinkle onto or mix in with their food. If you cook their food add Simply Seaweed in afterwards, immediately before serving.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.